The little-known Sacha Inchi seed, or Plukenetia volubilis, is indeed one of the planet’s most remarkable Super Seeds - and the source of the amazing essential oils found in Botánico Vida Omega Oil.
It seems incredible that this wondrous plant stayed under the radar for so long, given its astonishing health and skin benefits. Although it has a flavour like a nut, its nutrient profile is much denser with more omega oils, iron, fibre and protein than most other nuts and seeds.
Sacha Inchi can be found in Southeast Asia and the Caribbean, but it is most commonly grown in the Peruvian Amazon, where a marvellous and highly ethical scheme called The Omega Project (more about this below), supports the livelihoods of Peruvian farmers and the reforestation of the Amazon. This is where Botánico Vida sources its supply of Sacha Inchi oil.
What are the health benefits of Sacha Inchi?
Fabulous skin comes from both topical products applied to the skin and to what we ingest. The beauty of Sacha Inchi is that there are fantastic products from nuts and oils to eat, as well as beauty products containing Sacha Inchi peptides, to super-boost our skincare regime. So, whether you incorporate this super-seed into your diet or your skincare routine (we say do both!), you’ll soon notice the difference when you look in the mirror.
- Skin and Hair Health. With omega 3 content at seventeen times higher, per ounce, than salmon, Sacha Inchi is an incredible plant source for the omegas. This is brilliant news for vegetarians and vegans. Whether you buy the seeds for snacking on or products high on the ingredients list in Sacha Inchi, you can be sure to see a difference in the firmness of facial skin, reduction of wrinkles, the soothing of red and irritated skin and general smoothness of your skin, after all, it is our largest organ by far!
- Cardiovascular Health. Sacha Inchi helps improve circulation while lowering blood pressure and reducing cholesterol.
- Brain Health. Because so much of our brain is made up of fats, its essential we replenish those cells with healthy fats so we avoid inflammation, which can cause low moods and energy levels and create memory issues.
- Weight Loss. Because high levels of the amino acid, tryptophan, are found in the Sacha Inchi seeds, the body produces more serotonin (for happiness!) and regulates appetite cravings.
- Omega 3 has been proven to control glucose levels, and Sacha Inchi contains the planet’s highest omega 3 content of any plant source.
The Omega Project
Businessman José Anaya Yábar, realising the high nutritional value and health benefits of Plukenetia volubilis seeds, commonly known as Sacha Inchi, and sold under the INCA INCHI brand, founded the company Agroindustrias Amazónicas to develop the OMEGA PROJECT, which was conceived to research, cultivate, process and market oil, protein and other products derived from Inca Inchi. Agroindutrias Amazónicas developed the Omega Project with the fundamental principles that underlie all of its activities.
- Protecting the Amazon and the environment
- Helping to improve the quality of peoples’ lives
- Contributing to the availability of healthy food
- Fair sharing of profits
To achieve the aims of the Omega Project, Agroindustrias Amazónicas encourages alliances with farmers, companies, researchers, universities, local governments and anyone who can contribute to the Project. It has been responsible for the livelihoods of over 8000 farmers and reforests thousands of hectares of the Peruvian Amazon annually.
Literally every bottle purchased of Botánico Vida Omega Oil contributes to this worthy Project. While it is important to look after ourselves, using and consuming natural products, so it is important to look after our planet and others. Botánico Vida is committed to the ethical production of beautiful oil and to help save our planet, one bottle at a time.
Botánico Vida Omega Oil
Packed with nutrients and oils from Avocado, Argan, Coconut, Olive, Rosehip and more, this intense oil formula carries a formidable 15% content of Sacha Inchi. Compared with many Sacha Inchi formulas, which contain just 1-2% of the active ingredient, this oil produces maximum efficiency while keeping it affordable for family and daily use.